Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Pure Gold.

I had orientation day today. If you've read my MSN pm, you'll get a rough idea how I felt about today's orientation day. Okay, scratch that.

Today while Uncle Peng Kit or Mr Kit if you would like it to be was giving his speech, he touched about test. Yes, our favourite word. The purpose of test is mainly to test us of course. He also touched about testing the purity of a mineral or salt and how you have to heat it up and repeat lots of procedures to get a pure mineral. Somehow that strucked me and I thought back of us as Christians.

We face tests, trials and temptations everyday. Well, almost everyday. Tests, trials and temptations can be in any form. It may be some personal desires of yours or it may also be the troubles you are facing with yourself, your family or even with your friends. It may be something that's testing your patience or something that's tempting you like the computer or even food! It's hard I know. I face them too. Well, who doesn't?

But no matter how tough it is, we have to go through the purity test like the minerals did. Paul the apostle said in Philippians 3:14, "I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." We as Christians have to keep this in our mind. We can't call it a quit after a few trials. Tests, trials and temptitions don't just happened like that. God made it happen so that through the things that we're going through, He can shape and mould us so that we will be Christ-like in the end of the day. A pure gold in God's eyes. No impurities. Just pure gold.

Purify my heart
Let me be as gold
And precious silver
Purify my heart
Let me be as gold, pure gold

Refiner's Fire - Brian Doerksen

No comments: